LEARN ALL ABOUT OUR Z-SLEEP MATTRESS WARRANTY
Z-SLEEP 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Your new Z-Sleep mattress is covered by a 10-year limited warranty.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty extends to mattresses manufactured by Z-Sleep and purchased directly from Z-Sleep or Z-Sleep’s authorized retailers (the “Mattresses”). Some parts of this limited warranty also extend to covers sold with Mattresses (“Mattress Covers”). Mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid-surface, on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s). This Warranty does not cover your Product if you use it in a manner incompatible with that intended design.
WHO THIS WARRANTY EXTENDS TO:
This limited warranty extends to the original purchaser of any Mattress. All Z-Sleep warranties, including any implied warranties, are valid only for the period of time the Mattress is owned by the original purchaser of the Mattress. The “original purchaser,” for the purposes of this warranty, is the first purchaser of the Mattress from Z-Sleep or a Z-Sleep authorized retailer. PLEASE RETAIN A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE. Z-Sleep limited warranties are not transferable.
Z-Sleep ’s Limited Warranty and Responsibilities.
Z-Sleep warrants the Mattress in its original packaging sold to you against the defects in material and workmanship set forth below (“Defects”) for a period of 20-years from the time your Mattress is purchased by you, when the Mattress is used for its intended purposes and on a bed base or flat surface that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s).
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS:
This limited warranty applies to the following Defects:
- Deterioration causing the Mattress to have a visible indentation greater than one (1) inch that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation. Normal wear requires that a Mattress be continuously supported by a secure foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame sufficient to support the collective weight of the Mattress and foundation, or placed directly on a hard surface floor.
- Any physical flaw in the Mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, other than normal usage and proper handling.
- Any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly of the Mattress Cover under normal use.
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
- A normal increase in softness of the foam pressure-relieving material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the Mattress.
Personal comfort preference.
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided, that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage.
- Replacement of any non-defective pieces in the Z-Sleep system. If you purchase a mattress with multiple components and only one component is defective, then we will only replace the defective part.
- Any mattress whether manufactured by Z-Sleep or not, sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers.
- Mattresses sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the Mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.
- In the event of a Defect, Z-Sleep ’s exclusive liability and your sole remedy under this limited warranty will be, at Z-Sleep ’s option, to provide a repaired or replacement Mattress or Mattress Cover, subject to your fulfillment of “Your Responsibilities” below. Replacement Mattress Covers may be provided in a color or style from the Mattress Cover you originally purchased.
In the event of a Defect, and to get the benefit of this limited warranty, you must return your Mattress or Mattress Cover to Z-Sleep and provide Z-Sleep with proof of the original date of purchase in the form of a receipt. Should shipping costs be required to return your Mattress, you will not be responsible for those costs. Evidence of a Defect and any claims must be sent to the address set forth at the end of this limited warranty. If you wish to replace your Mattress with a different style Mattress, then please e-mail Z-Sleep at the e-mail address at the end of this limited warranty. You will be required to pay the difference between the original purchase price of the Mattress and that of the newer replacement Mattress, plus the cost of any related additional pieces necessary for a new Mattress.
Z-Sleepwill repair or replace (as applicable) and ship your different Mattress back to you within 90 days of receiving your original Mattress. You will be responsible for any shipping costs associated with shipping the replaced or repaired Mattresses.
Replaced or repaired Mattresses are subject to the same limited warranty as the original Mattress. If you obtain a replaced or repaired Mattress that is the same style and price as the original Mattress, then the warranty term of the replaced or repaired Mattress begins from the date of purchase of the original Mattress. If you purchase new Mattress, then you obtain a new limited warranty, and the warranty term will begin upon the purchase.
DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
To the extent permissible by applicable law, the mattress is provided “as is” and this warranty and any implied warranties are your exclusive warranties and replace all other warranties or conditions, expressed or implied. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and except as set forth in this limited warranty, in no event will Z-Sleep or its suppliers be liable for of procurement of substitute products or other special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or related to the mattress or its use by you or any third party, whether under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), indemnity, product liability or otherwise. This limitation will apply even if Z-Sleep has been advised of such damages and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. Z-Sleep ’s total liability will not exceed the purchase price paid for the mattress giving rise to such liability.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
In the event of a dispute between you and Z-Sleep arising out of this Limited Warranty, such dispute will be determined and settled by binding arbitration between the parties, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). More information about the AAA is located at www.adr.org, or you can call the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
You must seek arbitration for disputes arising out of this Limited Warranty prior to exercising any rights or seeking any remedies created by the Title I of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. If you choose to pursue any rights and remedies that are not created by Title I of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, then arbitration is not required.
Arbitration will take place in State of North Carolina.
The arbitration will not be combined with any other proceeding or arbitration against one of the parties. Each party will designate one arbitrator and the two designated arbitrators will select a third arbitrator, who will serve as the chair of the arbitration panel. If the two arbitrators cannot agree on the third arbitrator, then the AAA will appoint the third arbitrator. Barring extraordinary circumstances, the arbitrators will issue their decision within 100 days from the date the third arbitrator is selected by the two designated arbitrators or appointed by the AAA. The arbitrators may extend this time limit for an additional 30 days in the interests of justice. All arbitration proceedings will be closed to the public and confidential and all related records will be permanently sealed, except as necessary to obtain court confirmation of the arbitration award. The decision and the arbitrators’ award will be in writing and will include a statement listing the reasons for the disposition of any claim. A dissenting decision will also be set forth in writing. The arbitrators’ award will be final and binding on the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This limited warranty will be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina.