Feng Shui All Day
Feng Shui Helps Sleep
"Feng Shui helps create a space with healing and nurturing energy in one's bedroom, a space that promotes sleep and relaxation, as well as sexual and emotional healing." says Rodika Tchi, a feng shui consultant based in Vancouver.
“When a bedroom has good feng shui, the nervous system can relax and we enter into a place of love and safety, which are very important for a good night sleep.” Rodika Tchi
- Solid Headboard
- Good Mattress
- Good Frame Height (no underneath storage)
- Never place where your head is below a window (your head needs extra protection)
- Commanding Position - furthest from your door/diagonally (you should be able to see your door but never be in line with your door)
- Point bed away that have electrical appliances on them
- A strong, supporting wall behind your bed (creates strong protective energy)
- Paint this wall a strong accent color that matches your decor for added strength
balance and smooth energy
- Keep your bed balanced with two of the same nightstands on either side of your bed
- Sa Chi - be sure there are no sharp angles pointing at your bed
- Limit exposure to electronic appliances in the bedroom.
- Try replacing your electrical alarm clock for a battery-operated one. This significantly lowers harmful EMFs .
- Unplug everything if possible.
Leave work at work
Your bedroom should be used for only two things: sleeping and sex.
Work shouldn't be brought to bed, whether it be documents or reading e-mails on your laptop.
Let your bedroom breathe
Open up windows for fresh air and sunlight.
"Smudging"- burning sage to clear stagnant vibes.
Diffuse essential oils to purify the air.