DIY Sleep Spooky
It's time to get in the spooooooky spirit with some holiday decorations! Try these DIY crafts and start dreaming of batty adventures and super sweet monster mashes. They're even better to try with your little one as a corn-y craft before bed! YOU CHOOSE!
With our customizable, luxurious mattress you'll be comforted to each of you and your partner's specific needs. Sleep with custom comfort on a mattress that provides ultimate relief even surrounded by spooky decor.
SUPPLIES (All found at Jo-Ann's)
- 3 Different Size Quilting Hoops
- Paper Or Foam Bats
- Black Craft Paint
- Black String Or Pine
- Hot Glue
- Remove inner circles of quilt hoops without screws.
- Paint inside and out with black craft paint.
- Ise black to attach all hoops once dry (start with largest hoop at top and descend down)
- Hot glue two bats togeher with black string in the middle to attach to the hoop.
- Use black twine to hang.
- Clean, dry glass jars
- Spray paint
- Hot glue
- Plastic bugs
- Wash each glass jar and dry thoroughly.
- Hot glue sturdy twig to inside of lid.
- Spray paint everything except jar. (bugs, wig, lid, etc.)
- Once dry hot glue moss to base of twig.
- Screw lid on to complete.
Wriggling snake wreath
- 18-inch Grapevine Wreath
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Toy Snakes
- Black Water-Based Spray Paint
- 20 Gauge Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters
- Paint grapevine wreath with water-based spray paint (let dry).
- Paint snakes in assorted sizes using acrylic paint (let dry).
- Attach flat snakes with floral wire and thread into wreath.
- Wrap coiled snakes into wreath.
- Standard-Size Balloons
- Skinny Balloons Called "260"
- Threadn or Monofilament
- Fill 2 standard balloons, one slightly less full than the other. (larger abdomen, smaller head)
- Using a balloon pump fill 4 skinny balloons. (leave 3 inches at the end of each balloon).
- Make one set of legs: Starting a few inches from the neck, twist balloon. Hold twist in place. Move about 1 inch along balloon and twist again. Bring two twists together; grab resulting bubble with one hand and twist (this should lock the twists together, with a knobby "knee" in between, and cause the balloon to bend). Move another few inches, and repeat to make another knee. Repeat twice more to make the shape pictured at right; you should have four short segments and four knees, with one long section in the center. (As you work, the air in the balloon will shift, inflating the tail.) Repeat with three more balloons.
- Twist one set of legs in the center of the longest segment. Hold in place, and twist a second set in the same place. Place the two sets together, with twisted centers interlocking; the balloons should hold. Repeat with two more sets of legs. Tie legs to body, and hang spiders with string or monofilament.
10 Tips for Sleeping Next to Someone
- Upgrade your actual cuddlebuddy - Get a body pillow. Body pillows provide much better suport for side sleepers and don't wake you with natural living tendancies that might keep you awake, such as: snoring, moving, body heat, etc.
- Make sure you each have an exit stratgey - Move your bed so that there is enough room for you both to get up in case you need to use the restroom, get some water, etc.
- Invest in a big enough bed - You need space to change sleep positions, breathe, basically sleep comfortably.
- Upgrade your mattress for adjustability and comfort - Z-Sleep is an affordable way to get custom adjustable side for each side of your mattress while providing top quality memory foam so motion tranfer will not disturb either of you.
- Go for a cooling mattress - Every body gives off body heat, add too into a tight living space you both are sure to burn up and get no sleep.
- Try the Nite hood - Eye masks are great to block our light but this night hood is comortable with no pressure on your eyelids, no adjustment needed, is light and breathable.
- Try soft breathable sheets - Cooling sheets is also a plus for the super sweaty couple.
- Separate blankets - No blanket movement, ensured coverage, choice of fabric.
- Ear plugs - Especially useful if your partner snores or suffers from sleep apnea.
- Cuddle time - Sometimes cuddling while sleeping is just not ideal for a good night's rest so try saving cuddling for movies.